Military Discharge Records

Military Discharge records are recorded in the Recorder's Office.  As a courtesy to military personnel, the Recorder's Office does not charge for the recording of the DD214 form.  Upon recording of the Discharge Record, the Recorder's Office will furnish fee certified copies to the veteran.  To receive a copy of a previously recorded discharge, contact the Clay County Veteran Service Officer at 218-299-5041 to obtain an application to apply for a certified copy of a military discharge (DD 214).

Pursuant to current statutes, any military discharge papers recorded in this office are restricted records and not available to the general public.