Marriage Certificate Request
You can request a Marriage Certificate (certified or non-certified):
- In person or by phone (cash, check or credit card* is acceptable)
- Provide the names of the 2 applicants and the date of marriage
- Pay the corresponding fees by cash, check or credit card*
- By mail (check or credit card* is acceptable)
- Online via the Minnesota Official Marriage System (MOMS®)
MOMS® is a statewide search engine for marriage certificates. MOMS® allow the public to search and order a marriage certificate from the custodial county or contact the custodial county directly, if it is known, where the marriage license was obtained.
Note: The marriage certificate is filed with the county where the marriage license was obtained, not the county where the marriage took place.
*An additional fee of $1.95 applies when using a credit card for payment.