The Clay County Recorder's office is able to accept most abstract documents for e-recording. We don't e-record Torrens documents at this time.
To e-record in Clay County documents must be submitted through a Trusted Submitter. Trusted Submitters currently submitting documents for e-recording in Clay County are:
- ePN: Visit the website or call them at 888-325-3365.
- Indecomm Global Services fka USRecordings: Visit the website or call them at 877-272-5250.
- Corporation Service Company (CSC) : Visit the website, calling them at 866-652-0111, or by email CSC..
- Simplifile: Contact them by visiting the website, calling them at 800-460-5657, or by email.
Tips for e-Recording
- Document Types: If the document type you want to e-record is not on the list, pick a similar document type. If the e-document transfers title and State Deed Tax (SDT) needs to be collected, submit the e-document as a deed document type. If Mortgage Registry Tax (MRT) needs to be paid, submit as a mortgage document type. If neither applies, submit as a release document type. We can change the document type in the recording process.
- Associated Documents: When e-recording a mortgage and assignment as 1 set / package of documents the county is not able to insert the associated document information on the assignment.
- Current Year Taxes: Current year taxes are not required to be paid at the time of recording unless there is a split in tax parcel. However, current year taxes are often collected and paid as part of the closing settlement. To obtain current year tax information contact the Clay County Treasurer's Office. Current year tax payments need to be paid online, mailed or delivered to the Treasurer's Office and are not considered part of the e-recording process.
- Delinquent Property Tax: Please pay delinquent tax along with current tax before recording.
- SDT: The Clay County Auditor's Office determines the amount of SDT due. SDT is collected with the recording fee.
- MRT: The Clay County Auditor's Office determines the amount of MRT due. MRT is collected with the recording fee.
- Modification: When a modification increases the principal mortgage amount the MRT will be collected with the recording fee automatically.