The Clay County Planning Commission is an 11-member board consisting of elected and appointed Clay County residents. The Planning Commission holds public hearings to make decisions on conditional and interim use permit requests. The Planning Commission also makes recommendations to the County Board of Commissioners for platted subdivisions, rezoning and text amendments to the Clay County Development Code.
Meetings are held on the 3rd floor of the Courthouse. Please enter through the main security doors on the east side of the building. The County provides the means for persons to electronically participate in meetings remotely. Visit https://claycountymn.gov/323/Planning-Zoning for information on how to participate in the meeting remotely. For questions, please contact the Planning & Zoning office at 218-299-5005.
- 7 p.m.
- Third Tuesday of each month
807 11th Street N.
Moorhead MN 56560
Special meetings are scheduled as necessary.
Agendas & Minutes
Getting on the Agenda
If you need to schedule agenda items or public hearings for an upcoming meeting, please contact Planning and Zoning at 218-299-5005.
The Planning Commission has an 11 person membership with representation as follows:
- One member representing the City of Moorhead
- Three members representing other incorporated areas
- One member from Oakport Township or At Large
- One member from Moorhead Township or At Large
- One County Commissioner
- One member from Soil and Water Conservation
- Three members representing rural areas
- David Steichen, Incorporated Area
- Ashley Heng, Rural Clay County
- Jenny Mongeau / County Commissioner
- Kurt Skjerven, Oakport Township
- Sebastian McDougall, City of Moorhead
- Curt Stubstad, Rural Clay County
- Brad Eldred, Incorporated Area
- Joel Hildlebrandt, Vice-Chair, Soil & Water Conservation District
- Laura Johnson, Secretary, Rural Clay County
- Ezra Baer, Chairperson
- Brent Berg, Incorporated Area
Public Hearing Requests
The Planning Commission holds public hearings for requests for:
- Conditional Use Permits
- Interim Ordinances
- Ordinance Changes / Amendments
- Platted Subdivisions
- Single Lot Subdivisions (that cannot be approved administratively)
Notice of Public Hearing
Public hearings are advertised in the legal county paper (rotates annually between the Hawley Herald, Barnesville Record Review, and Ulen Union) at least 10 days before the hearing; as well as in the legal section of The Forum.
Property owners within 1/2 mile of the area of the request are notified of a public hearing by mail.
Meetings are conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules and the Clay County Planning Commission Bylaws and Rules of Procedure, last revised in 2006. The applicant or authorized agent shall be present at the public hearing. All meetings are open to the general public.