- 7 p.m.
- Third Tuesday of each month
807 11th Street N.
Moorhead MN 56560
Special meetings are scheduled as necessary. View the meeting schedule and deadlines for submission of applications.
Agendas & Minutes
Getting on the Agenda
If you need to schedule agenda items or public hearings for an upcoming meeting, please contact Planning and Zoning at 218-299-7335.
The Planning Commission has an 11 person membership with representation as follows:
- One member representing the City of Moorhead
- Three members representing other incorporated areas
- One member from Oakport Township or At Large
- One member from Moorhead Township or At Large
- One County Commissioner
- One member from Soil and Water Conservation
- Three members representing rural areas
Members serve 3-year terms, are elected by the County Board of Commissioners, and may serve up to 3 terms.
Current Vacancy on Planning Commission
Clay County Planning Office is looking for a new member to serve on the County Planning Commission, representing a area of the county.
Interested citizens may complete an Interest Form (PDF) or contact the Planning & Zoning Office before 4:30 on Friday, June 7, 2019
- Amos Baer, Chairperson / Rural Clay County
- Andrea Koczur, Vice Chairperson / Rural Clay County
- Jenny Mongeau / County Commissioner
- William Davis, Incorporated Area
- Tim Brendemuhl, Oakport Township
- Joel Paulsen, City of Moorhead
- Curt Stubstad, Rural Clay County
- Mark Klevgaard, Incorporated Area
- Randy Schellack, Soil & Water District
- Dan Langseth, Rural Clay County
- Steve Mortensen, Incorporated Area
Public Hearing Requests
The Planning Commission holds public hearings for requests for:
- Conditional Use Permits
- Interim Ordinances
- Ordinance Changes / Amendments
- Platted Subdivisions
- Single Lot Subdivisions (that cannot be approved administratively)
Notice of Public Hearing
Public hearings are advertised in the legal county paper (rotates annually between the Hawley Herald, Barnesville Record Review, and Ulen Union) at least 10 days before the hearing; as well as in the legal section of The Forum.
Property owners within 1/2 mile of the area of the request are notified of a public hearing by mail.
Meetings are conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules and the Clay County Planning Commission Bylaws and Rules of Procedure, last revised in 2006. The applicant or authorized agent shall be present at the public hearing. All meetings are open to the general public.