Planning & Zoning
2045 Clay County Comprehensive and Transportation Plan
The Board of Commissioners adopted the plan on May 17th, 2022. Please click here to view the plan.
Resource Protection - Aggregate Overlay Zoning District Rezoning and Text Amendment Public Hearing Information
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 29th at 9:00 AM
Place: Clay County Board of Commissioners Meeting, Clay County Courthouse, 3rd Floor Board Room
Clay County is proposing changes to the Zoning Map and Development Code for the Resource Protection - Aggregate Overlay Zoning District. The purpose of this zoning district is to protect sand and gravel resources from incompatible development, however, some areas of Clay County have this zoning where gravel mining is not permitted or feasible. The proposed changes include removing this zoning district from part or all of several tax parcels and expanding the number of permitted land uses in this zoning district. These proposed changes do not impact active gravel pits. The proposed changes do not permit new gravel pits without going through the existing permitting process. More detailed information about Clay County Zoning Districts and the proposed zoning change is available here.
An online web map is available to view the proposed zoning changes. Click here to view the map.
Click here to view the proposed amendments to the Clay County Use Table 8-5-1 for permitted uses in the Resource Protection - Aggregate Overlay Zoning District.
Please use this online form to submit public comments. Comments submitted online must be received by noon Monday, November 28th 2022.
The mission of the Clay County Planning Office is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of county citizens through the development, implementation and administration of appropriate planning, zoning and subdivision regulations which follow applicable state and federal laws and the Clay County Comprehensive Plan.
Planning & Zoning Functions
- Building Requirements / Building Permits
- Conditional Use Permit Information
- Fence Standards
- Floodplain / Floodway Information
- Gravel Tax
- Home Occupation Standards - Rural and Rural Subdivision
- Investigations of Complaints or Violations of Zoning Ordinance
- Lot Requirements
- Parking Lot Standards
- Permitted Use Information
- Shoreland Management Regulations - Lakes and Rivers
- 2021 Shoreland Natural Resources Block Grant (NRBG) All-Detail Report (PDF)
- Site Plan Review of Residences, Garages, Additions, Yard Standards
- Statistical Information Pertaining to Permits
- Subdivision Regulations / Parcel Splits
- Variance (PDF)
- Zoning Map
- Zoning / Rezoning Regulations
- Zoning Ordinance Information