The West Central Regional Juvenile Center (WCRJC) provides a comprehensive Transition Services Program. This program was established to provide youth who have been at the juvenile center for 30 days or longer with resources and/or training. This helps them achieve social adjustment, employment, and educational success once they leave the WCRJC.
Normally, services are provided for up to 3 months after the youth is released from the WCRJC, but may continue longer based on the youths needs for on going services.
Pre-release Areas of Focus Include
- Social Skills Development
- Independent Living Skills
- Interview and Pre-employment Training
- Educational Planning and Training
- Identification of Activity and/or Hobby Interests
- True Life Interactive Computer Program
- Volunteering at a Local Homeless Shelter
Post-release Areas of Focus Include
- Frequent Client Contacts by Phone and in Person
- Employment Assistance and Placement
- Educational Support and Follow-up
- Utilization of Community Resources
- Community Activities
The ultimate goal of transition intervention is to promote successful integration of juveniles into the community.