Available Forms / Tasks
If your child foster care license is due for renewal and you do not have a license renewal home visit already scheduled, please call your licensor to do so. If you have any questions about the license renewal process or need any further information, please do not hesitate to call your licensor.
Please complete the following forms / tasks to prepare for the scheduled license renewal home visit. Keep this paperwork with you. We will review it at our scheduled home visit:
- Discipline Policy (PDF)
- Complaint / Grievance Procedure Policy (PDF): You are now required to have this policy in place in your home. Please review and complete the information provided. The licensor will discuss this information with you at your home visit.
- Alcohol and Drug Use Policy (PDF): All applicants, employees, subcontractors, and volunteers must be trained on this policy.
- Foster Parent License Renewal Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Child Foster Care Training Record (PDF): Use this form to document training you have attended since the last license renewal. Each applicant is required to have 12 hours of training per year.
- Well Water Test: If you do not have an approved municipal water system, your well water will need to be tested for Total Coliforms (indicators of bacterial pollution) and Nitrate Nitrogen. You may contact the Clay County Environmental Health Department for a well water sample container. This test will need to be completed annually.
- Pet Immunization: Please provide documentation to your licensor that your pets are current with their vaccinations.
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Application for Child Placement (PDF): You do not need to provide references to renew your foster care license.
- Child Foster Care Statement of Intended Use (PDF)
- Individual Fact Sheet (PDF): Each household member 18 years and older is required to complete 1 of these forms for license renewal.
- Agreement Between Foster Parent and Licensing Agency (PDF)
- Home Safety Checklist (PDF): Please review these items in your home to assure all fire code requirements are being met. Your licensor will also go through this list with you at your scheduled meeting. Please have your fire extinguisher serviced by the scheduled visit. Minnesota Uniform Fire Code requires your fire extinguisher to be serviced every year.
Other Forms / Helpful Information
Other forms / helpful information is available below from both the Clay County website or webpages outside of the Clay County website: