Motor Vehicle Registration

All motor vehicles using Minnesota streets and highways are required to be registered with the State of Minnesota. If you have moved in from out-of-state, you have 60 days to register your vehicle.

Out-of-State Registration

To register a motor vehicle in Minnesota from out-of-state:

  • Submit the foreign state title, or current registration if the title is being held by lien holder.
  • Provide the insurance company name and policy number.
  • Provide the current odometer reading.
  • Provide a driver's license or state issued identification card.

If there is a lien against the vehicle, the owner must:

  • Provide the name and complete address of the lender.
  • Provide the date of the loan.

The owner's signature is required on the Minnesota title application.

Registration Fees

Registration fees vary according to classification and year of the vehicle.