You must appear in court if:
- You plead not guilty.
- You plead guilty and wish to offer an explanation.
- The officer has alleged you endangered persons / property.
Plea of Guilty & Waiver
You are advised that payment of a fine to the Violations Bureau:
- Is a plea of guilty to the offense charged on the citation
- Is an admission that you understand and voluntarily waive the following rights:
- To a trial to the court or to a jury
- To be represented by counsel
- To be presumed innocent until proven guilty
- To either remain silent or testify on your own behalf
If you wish to speak with a representative about your citation, you may call 651-281-3219 (if calling from area codes 651, 612, 763 or 952) or 800-657-3611 during the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. Press 0 at the prompt for a Call Center Representative.