Bronze Star Memorial

The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs supplies a bronze star with a flag holder to mark the grave of a veteran whose military service terminated honorably. If a bronze star grave marker has not been previously issued for the grave of a veteran, the marker is free of charge and may be requested from any County Veteran Service Office. You can contact Clay County's Veterans Service Office by calling 218-299-5041.

Required Documents

You will need to provide a copy of the veteran's Record of Separation of Service (honorable discharge record), also known as the "DD214" and a copy of the veteran's Death Certificate. Bronze star grave markers are distributed prior to Memorial Day.

Veterans Star