Date Posted: 8/23/2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Starting Salary Range
$20.67 - $23.57 per hour - Negotiable with experience and qualifications
This position will also be eligible for Clay County’s benefit package, along with opportunities for career development and personal growth
Shifts: Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM with occasional Saturday mornings.
- 1 year certification from college or technical school
- 1 to 3 years experience, or equivalent of education and experience
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement – Class A licenses with Tanker endorsement is required within 6 months of hire
- Ability to successfully complete a background check
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment.
- Criminal history and/or driver’s license checks will be conducted for all positions within the Law Enforcement and other relevant County positions.
Duties and Essential Functions
The listed examples may not include all the duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Driving Truck
- Operation of heavy equipment including tractor/trailer semi-trucks, skid steers, front-end loaders and tractors to transport solid waste and leachate.
- Responsible for day-to-day inspection and routine repair of equipment. This includes oil changes, filter replacement, lubrication, change flat tires and replace lights.
- Maintain roads, spraying weeds, placing riprap, cutting brush and trees and placing waste in proper disposal area.
- Assist the landfill manager in office functions and fill in for landfill operators when they are on vacation.
- Other duties as assigned
Clay County provides all eligible employees these great benefits:
- Paid Vacation Time - 12 days per year (increases with longevity)
- Paid Sick Leave – 12 days per year
- Paid Holidays – 10 per year
- Paid Single Health Insurance Plans
- Paid Single Dental Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- County Contribution into the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)
Additional benefits offered to eligible Clay County employees:
- Family Health Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Spouse
- Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Plans
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Some positions offer remote and flexible work schedules