Extension Office Principal Office & Administrative Specialist (Not a County Job)
Date Posted: 5/26/2022
- $17.29/hour, or more, depending on qualifications
- HS graduate/GED plus two (2) years office and administrative experience. Some post high school education/training may be substituted for experience.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, and Google Suite applications
- Experience with basic accounting and an understanding of financial principles, policies and procedures.
- Experience with database entry and functions.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience formatting, drafting, or writing routine to complex correspondence and meeting materials
To be Considered for the Position, Submit these Materials
Clay County Application. - To Apply - Select Apply on this page
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment
Duties and Essential Functions
- Point of contact for the Clay County Extension office to include answering the telephone, greeting customers and directing calls or visitors to the appropriate parties, taking messages and responding to requests, as well as typing letters, agendas, minutes, and correspondence as required.
- Handles office operations and procedures by ensuring that adequate office supplies and equipment are available and works with all staff on office administration related activities.
- Assist with creating flyers, brochures, informational letters, and registration forms for all Clay County Extension programs.
- Assists with typing and sending news releases and other program-related correspondence to the media and target audiences.
- Monitors, researches, recommends, and makes purchases for the Extension Office. ●
- Responsible for the Clay County Extension web page, keeping all information accurate and current.
- Responsible for helping consumers access Extension publications and information; especially related to horticulture, agriculture and family and consumer science ●
- Creates invoices, reports, billings, vouchers, receipts and/or financial statements for the department.
- Maintains schedule for office meeting rooms and public access to technology and maintains master program calendar.
- Monitors and manages the office budget; prepares month-end closing entries; prepares departmental portion of financial statement; provides information to appropriate authorities for release of information.
- Assists, interprets, and explains department policies, regulations, and operating procedures to employees, the public, and representatives of various private firms and governmental agencies.
- Collects, retrieves, and documents data related to specific public requests.
- Maintains and operates office equipment (copy machine, postage meter, etc.)
- Helps to ensure Extension is adhering to applicable county policies.
- Prepares mailings agendas, and meeting minutes for the County Extension Committee, in conjunction with the Extension Regional Director.
- Maintains office filing system.
- Works with MIS on staff computers and maintains a strong working relationship between departments.