Full-Time Assistant County Engineer
Date Posted: 7/1/2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- $34.77 per hour
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a 4-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of prior work-related experience.
- EIT required with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an engineering or similar filed.
- Registration as a PE in the State of Minnesota preferred or ability to acquire within 2 years of employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a background check.
To be Considered for the Position, Submit these Materials
Clay County Application. - To Apply - Select Apply on this page
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment
Duties and Essential Functions
- Complete and supervise the design of County and County State Aid Highway Construction projects, County and State bridge projects to meet state and federal requirements.
- Draft and aid in the negotiation of agreements and memorandums of understanding with State and Local project partners for cost participation. Scope projects with key stake holders including, highway department supervisors, property and business owners, and state and local governments.
- Meet with regulatory officials, draft and obtain all permits necessary for construction projects from the Department of Natural Resources, US Fish and Wildlife Service, local watersheds, the Historical Society, and the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Supervise county highway department engineering technicians and seasonal engineering aides during the inspection of County and County State Aid Highway, County and County State Aid bridge projects, and Township bridge construction projects. Manage construction projects to ensure specifications and tolerances are meeting state and federal requirements.
- Assist the County Engineer in the development of the five year road plan, develop and manage the pavement management system, and complete all other highway planning requested by the Highway Tracking Committee.
- Work with the public and elected officials on drainage, signing, highway construction, and maintenance concerns.
- Assist in the hiring of personnel as needed.
Clay County provides all eligible employees these great benefits:
- Paid Vacation Time - 12 days per year (increases with longevity)
- Paid Sick Leave – 12 days per year
- Paid Holidays – 10 per year
- Paid Single Health Insurance Plans
- Paid Single Dental Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- County Contribution into the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)
Additional benefits offered to eligible Clay County employees:
- Family Health Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Spouse
- Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Plans
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Some positions offer remote and flexible work schedules