Date Posted: On-going
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Starting Salary Range
There are no set shifts for this position and hours worked per week will average no more than 38 hours over 2 weeks
- High school diploma
- 6 months of experience and/or education in Corrections/Law Enforcement
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and physical agility
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment.
- Criminal history and/or driver’s license checks will be conducted for all positions within the Law Enforcement and other relevant County positions.
Duties and Essential Functions
The listed examples may not include all the duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Booking and processing all persons admitted to the jail;
- Supervise and provide meals, clothing and medication to inmates;
- Conduct jail searches and rounds of block areas;
- Establish and maintain security and safety of the jail facility.
- Assist in jail transports.