Date Posted: On-Going
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Starting Salary Range
$22.42-$23.23 per hour
This position will also be eligible for Clay County’s benefit package, along with opportunities for career development and personal growth.
- High School diploma
- 6 months of experience and/or education in Corrections/Law Enforcement
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and physical agility test
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment.
- Criminal history and/or driver’s license checks will be conducted for all positions within the Law Enforcement and other relevant County positions.
- Shift Work: Days and Nights for four months 7am - 7pm. Switches every four months.
Duties and Essential Functions
The listed examples may not include all the duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Booking and processing all persons admitted to the jail;
- Supervise and provide meals, clothing and medication to inmates;
- Conduct jail searches and rounds of block areas;
- Establish and maintain security and safety of the jail facility;
- Assist in jail transports.